Sunday, January 11, 2015

Christmas Eve

Kochana Mamo,

it was Christmas Eve yesterday and we all sat together around the table. I never thought that there may be so many of us that we would run out of chairs and some of the younger ones will have to sit in other's lap.
It was a long day cause I had to cook some of the Christmas dishes, but it is such a pleasure to cook when there are people around to be fed, and when every now and then somebody comes to the kitchen to help.
You have grown a bit older ad you remind me more and more of grandma...  Do you remember how grandma used to drink wine with us on Christmas? And she would always ask for another glass cause she thought wine to be evil and she prefered drinking it herself rather than allowing us to taste such a poisonous thing...
We laughed so much at the table... We were teasing each other like little kids and I enjoyed it so much... Nobody was mean... Nobody was telling me that I live in 'uncivilised world'...
I was holding your hand to help you walk those few steps from the table to your room...
My belly has become big and I love all the warmth and affection of everybody around... The warmth of the family life... The feeling of belonging... The feeling of unconditional love...

Kochana Mamo,

yesterday was thousand minutes back...  a minute back a toothless man on the phone told me to shift from Bangladesh to Delhi. They always know better what is good for me...


Kochana Mamo,

I am waiting for the Christmas eve to come...
I started knitting again and I'm making scarfs as gifts for everybody at home... So many scarves to knit... So much of warmth and happiness...
I love Christmas...