Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year

He woke up from his sleep and looked at me with his big eyes. It was strange to be looking at him as I could not make out their colour. Deep green? Light blue? Brown? simple grey or maybe scary black...

When i was a child I used to try to imagine what my life would be like when I become an adult. I guess I was supposed to be leading a rather arranged kind of life, or at least that's what my memory is telling me now. How silly and naive these images were -  a dog, satisfaction from work, steady relationship.
 I've been an adult for quite some time and I must tell you silly child that none of what you predicted came true. Wait... I'm lying... I am a strange mixture of an adult and a child that keeps dreaming even though the dreams might have changed a bit. Anyways...

He is standing in front of me and I have to make up my mind and decide how to greet him, but somehow the words are stuck in my mouth and I'm standing speechless not knowing what to say.

What would you do if you suddenly realised that you are standing nowhere? That there is no ground below your feet and you can just pack your bags and go... but go where? and what for? It's tiring to be a Nomad in all the spheres of one's life.

Wait a minute... I could here some say... why do you have to complain again... take the dough and enjoy it... get yourself a dress, go for a good dinner, buy that dream camera of yours, a scootie.
It's nice to have money to spend sometimes, but after living for so many years without it one learns how not to get carried away by it, so no... dear friend, the dough is not everything to live for.

It might look a bit different if there was a soul to share it with. But that soul is not there. It is still sleeping in a stone and I'm struggling so badly to find it. To create thousands of magical things together.

It might look a bit different if the place for creation could still exist... but it died buried under the bricks of full time job. It stayed in the messy library and refused to enter the perfect building of innovation and excelling. It refused to compete. It simply wanted to be.

It might look a bit different if there was a sense of belonging to a community. but strangely enough or not surprisingly at all, depending on your point of view, that sense  has been lost again and again I'm not able to comprehend if it's me who is not able to build relations with people around, who is always different from everybody else; or is it the community that prevents others from penetrating its structures.

It might look... or it might not.... but for the time being he is looking at me and I have to greet him somehow amongst all the confusions, fears, dreams and questions that I have...

The New Year.